Horse Racing/Benefits of racing

Question
Hi I am a highschool student doing a research paper on how horse racing is beneficial and not harmful. I have only been finding cons in research. If you could help me with any benefits of the industtry or possiby amy personal stories you have encountered during your career it would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Answer
hi ---  well horse racing is a industry where many people are employed. vets, blacksmiths, hot walkers,  grooms , people who work in the grand stands. there are many breeding farms all over the states who employ people, so you see horse racing does help the economy..it is also a wonderful sport that thousands of people take part in every year. there is the biggest race in the country the Kentucky derby draws thousands of people for just that one race. just think of all the money made that one day. hope that helps you. thanks ED HESS  

Horse Racing

Ed Hess