Horse Racing/cross noseband requirement

hello sir, how can a rider get to know that the horse requires a figure 8 noseband?

hi -- well when your jock gallops or works the horse tell him to notice his breathing and his way of going. a figure 8 can help keep the horses mouth closed , thus giving the rider more control in a race or workout.. a tongue tie will also help the breathing. thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.