Horse Racing/National Racehorse Trainer License Study Guide

Question
I would like to train my own racehorses and get my national trainers license.  Will your material help prepare me for the national exam or just a state exam?

Answer
Hello,

Thank you for your questions.  The answer is yes, the Racehorse Trainers Test study course is comprehensive in scope and has been helping people successfully prepare (and pass!) all racing commission tests for more than 20 years.  You can learn more about the study course at http://trainerstest.com/faqs.htm

The most important thing to know when prepping for your trainer's exam, whether state or national, is that you must have a good understanding of the rules of racing.  The rules and regulations in horse racing are uniform and it is imperative you know them well.  For instance the procedure to do an equipment change is basically the same in every state. However, what's most important is that you know precisely what equipment requires approval vs what type doesn't, or whether your horse must first be worked in that equipment before you enter a race.   The medication rules, bleeder rules, claiming rule and weight allowances will be what varies from state to state should you decide to test at the state level. The course provides each state's rules.

Also, it is worth noting here that while a national trainers license is a convenience if you race in a lot of different states it is not a necessity. Once you get a state license, you are eligible to race at any racetrack in any state.  The Racing Commissions all abide the "Rule of Reciprocity" which allows any licensed trainer in good standing to race in another state.  You can be based in one state yet be eligible to run your horses anywhere in the US when necessary.  Also, once you are licensed at the state level, you can apply for your national license without having to test again.

I hope that helps answer your question. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best wishes,
Maureen Millen

www.trainerstest.com
www.racehorseresources.com

Horse Racing

Maureen Millen