Horse Racing/blinkers in race

Question
hello sir, may i know how can one get to know that a horse requires blinkers to run in the race?

Answer
If the horse seems to not focus on what is in front of him and tends to look around, then blinkers would help cut his vision down to block out distractions in the race. Sometimes the horse is bothered by the jockey on his back, so all you would need is a blinker cup that will block the view of what is behind him. Sometimes a horse will veer or lug in one direction so a blinker blocking the side he is tending to run, may keep him straight since he will not be able to see in the direction he wants to go. A trainer will have to pay close attention and discuss with the rider what type of blinker may help the horse. You may end up trying many different blinkers before finding the right combination that works.

Horse Racing

Christopher Crocker