Horse Racing/change in shoe material - performance change

hello sir, does change in the shoe material change the performance of the horse?

hi -- yes the shoe material does work for or against the horse in a need certain types of shoes for certain types of tracks, so you need the correct shoe for the type of track you are racing over. steel shoes last longer, but some horses run better with aluminum or rubber. thanks ED HESS  

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.