Horse Racing/jockey head bobbing while riding

Question
hello sir, as we know that jockeys develop unique riding style, i saw one rider bobbing his head while riding. i have also observed his riding with too much of body movement not at all matching with the horse body movement. i believe that this would distract the animal at fast work. am i correct?

Answer
It is not good for the rider to make a lot of movement unless the movement is in rhythm with the the horse in helping him run. This would more likely throw the horse off balance rather than distract the horse. Imagine if you were to give a friend a ride on your back or shoulders. If the friend started moving around, you would be thrown off balance quite a bit.

Horse Racing

Christopher Crocker