Horse Racing/training early morning

hello sir, may i know horses are trained early in the morning around 5am? why not in the evenings?

hi -- it has been done this way since i can remember. always up early and get training done before  the heat of the day came up. then they had the rest of the day to rest. they do race under the lights at night or race in the day time,but training is always done during the day time hrs. thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.