Horse Racing/front position

hello sir. how does a trainer get to know that his horse should be raced from front position?

hi  well the horse should tell you the way they like to race by the way they run in the race. I would allow the horse to break and get a position in the race, then the rider  can determine where and when to make his move in the race. some horse just like to run on they front end or just off the pace. your rider should also be able to tell how the horse wants to run in the race.  thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.