Horse Racing/a good book on training raeehorses

hello sir, can you suggest me a good book on training thoroughbred racehorses?

Hi Rohit;

First of all, thanks for your question.  By far the best book that I have ever read on training thoroughbred horses, is aptly titled "Training Thoroughbred Horses" by Preston M. Burch.  It is available for purchase online at among other places and is fairly inexpensive, around $20 for a used book - well worth the price.

Another alternative is online classes in "training thoroughbred Horses" at  I don't have any personal information about this, but it does look interesting.  Check out the website.

If you feel that I have adequately answered your inquiry, please leave me a favorable rating.  

Horse Racing

Jim Johnson

I can answer all questions regarding the sport of gambling on either or both thoroughbreds and greyhounds - beginning with the initial handicapping process with regard to decisions on which horse or dog to wager, through the wagering process, and ending with the results and profits or losses from those wagers. See my website at

I have worked in thoroughbred tracks and greyhound tracks for the last 30 years and have been highly successful in making profits from my own handicapping systems, both in sales of my systems, and use of my systems in the wagering process. I publish and sell a "Tip Sheet" for any track in the continental United States, Canada, and one greyhound track in Mexico.

Mutuel Clerk Guild of Arkanas

"The Perfect Speed Handicapping System" for handicapping thoroughbred races and "Greyhounds - The Ultimate Speed Machine" system for handicapping greyhound races. These are books that I have written and sell on the internet.

Bachelor of Business Administration Degree from East Texas College, in Commerce, Texas.

Multiple "High Five" awards for exceptional customer relations treatment by the Oaklawn Jockey Club.

Publishing a "Tip Sheet" in-track for sale at Oaklawn Jockey Club and "Jim's Big Three Best Bets" (also for sale at Oaklawn Jockey Club) on greyhound simulcast races. Have puplished "Tip Sheets" for greyhound and thoroughbred tracks in Arkanas, Kansas, and West Virginia.