Horse Racing/advice needed

Question
my horse is off race for 3 years, how much time do i need to get it ready to the next race and how should i divide the lesson gallop or trot ??

Answer
hi -- with 3 months off the horse should just about be retrained.  i would gallop 30 days and then a 4 furlong workout. then another 30 days of galloping with a 4 furlong workout. then another 30 days of galloping with a 5 furlong workout.  some of these workouts should be from the starting gate.. then a 6 furlong race should be ready to run. thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess