Horse Racing/dropping hands

Question
hello sir, why should jockeys drop their hands even though they are losing the race before crossing the finish line?

Answer
hi--  well a jockey with great hands can ride any type of horse and that come from years of experience in riding. when you move your hands on a horse it gives the horse a signal on what to do next and dropping the hands means i think it is over and to slow down. when you shoot ducks at a horse in a race that means get all You can and try harder to the finish  of the race. thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess