Horse Racing/snorting sound in workouts

Question
hello sir, may i know why few horses make snorting sound while galloping at fast pace either in race or workout. does it mean they have breathing problem or they are enjoying the work?

Answer
The horse may be making this sound if there is a breathing problem, but the sound also can mean nothing and may just be created because of airway conformation. The best way to find out if there is a breathing problem is to have a veterinarian scope the horse. If the sound is simply created by the nostrils vibrating on exhalation, then is just a sound and will not affect the air getting in to the lungs. I do not have the opinion that the horse makes the sounds based on whether he enjoys the work or not.

Horse Racing

Christopher Crocker