Horse Racing/strapping - calm down

Question
hello sir, our indian grooms told me that horses that shy frequently need strapping so that it would calm down. is it correct?

Answer
This is NOT an acceptable practice in the U.S.. This may make the horse even worse and cause mental instability especially at the hands of humans. Brushing and bumping a horse with a light towel or soft object is often practiced to desensitize a horse from touches or movement from behind, but striking the horse with any kind of force is ignorant. The whip is becoming more and more controversial and the ban on whips will make for better horse trainer and better horses. One of our greatest horses, Zenyatta was not whipped in her races. Shy horses should be turned out with other non agressive horses and the humans handling the shy horse should gain trust by grooming and spending time with the animal.

Horse Racing

Christopher Crocker