Horse Racing/suggestions for winning the bet

hello sir, i am totally new to thoroughbred horse racing punting. can you give me few suggestions how to win the bet?

Hi Rohit:

Thanks for your question.

Horse racing is a very complicated form of entertainment and there are many ways to wager. 95% of the wagering public lose almost every time they go to the track - 5% of the public are able to make money in a consistent manner.  In order for someone new to the game to be successful, you have to do a lot of studying before you ever make a bet.  I would recommend that you to go this web site - there you will find a listing of tracks for almost every track in the USA (I am not familiar with any of the tracks outside of the USA).  You can go to each track's web site and study their tips for making wagers.  After you have looked at about 20 tracks and studied their information for novice wagering, you should then practice handicapping and looking at the results to see how you would have done (virtual wagering#.  Only when you become successful in making virtual wagers #play bets) should you risk any money of your own.

I hope this has helped you and if you feel I have answered your question satisfactorily, please leave me a favorable rating.

Thanks again for your question.  

Horse Racing

Jim Johnson

I can answer all questions regarding the sport of gambling on either or both thoroughbreds and greyhounds - beginning with the initial handicapping process with regard to decisions on which horse or dog to wager, through the wagering process, and ending with the results and profits or losses from those wagers. See my website at

I have worked in thoroughbred tracks and greyhound tracks for the last 30 years and have been highly successful in making profits from my own handicapping systems, both in sales of my systems, and use of my systems in the wagering process. I publish and sell a "Tip Sheet" for any track in the continental United States, Canada, and one greyhound track in Mexico.

Mutuel Clerk Guild of Arkanas

"The Perfect Speed Handicapping System" for handicapping thoroughbred races and "Greyhounds - The Ultimate Speed Machine" system for handicapping greyhound races. These are books that I have written and sell on the internet.

Bachelor of Business Administration Degree from East Texas College, in Commerce, Texas.

Multiple "High Five" awards for exceptional customer relations treatment by the Oaklawn Jockey Club.

Publishing a "Tip Sheet" in-track for sale at Oaklawn Jockey Club and "Jim's Big Three Best Bets" (also for sale at Oaklawn Jockey Club) on greyhound simulcast races. Have puplished "Tip Sheets" for greyhound and thoroughbred tracks in Arkanas, Kansas, and West Virginia.