Horse Racing/applying hoof oil

Question
hello sir, can i apply hoof oil daily on the horses which are going to track for getting exercised without shoes?

Answer
hi   you can put hoof oil on the feet, but remember that any type of oil e=will prevent the hoofs from breathing and that may cause problems. remember that the hoofs are just a extension of the actual hair on the horse and the hoofs are made up of compressed hair. think what happens when you put oil in your hair.  I only use caster oil on the feet. I put some around the coronet band and in the frog. makes a foot come back to health.  thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess