Horse Racing/breaking from gates slowly

hello sir, my horse is breaking from the gates slowly even though we had given much gate training to it. what can we do now?

HI -- all horses are different so check out for a back problem as when they leave the gate they need to stride out and if a horse has a back end problem they do not want to jump out fast.. a hind end problem will make them do that.. gate work is always good for a bad gate horse .. thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.