Horse Racing/breeding thoroughbred mare

hello sir, when should the trainer decide to breed his thoroughbred racing mare?

Most mares are not suitable for breeding, so unless she is of exceptional talent and pedigree, she should not breed. If she is worthy of breeding to a quality stallion, then the trainer should make this decision based on her future earning potential as a runner or as a broodmare. If her performance is in decline for reasons such as age or soundness, then she should be retired and possibly bred to a proven top stallion.

Horse Racing

Christopher Crocker

All questions pertaining to thoroughbred horse racing from a trainer's perspective. All questions about thoroughbred training methods, equine biochemistry and physiology. General questions about strategies and economics of thoroughbred horse racing. I will also be pleased to answer general questions about training and caring for horses of all breeds.

I have been breaking, schooling and training thoroughbred race horses for over 17 years.

High school graduate 1992. Dalfort Aircraft 1994. Licensed thoroughbred horse trainer in the United States and Canada.

Track record with Chedi at Colonial Downs 2011. Multiple Stakes Placed Trainer.