Horse Racing/jockeys lean forward

Question
leaning forward
leaning forward  
hello sir,why do jockeys lean forward rather than keeping their spine straight while trotting? dont they get unbalanced?

Answer
This is normal riding posture that a jockey needs to balance over his feet. If this rider leans back then you will see all his weight is behind his feet. Also the reins are usually tied too short for a rider to sit back causing him to balance and pull in his mouth. Draw a center line straight down from the back of the jockey's head, through his shoulders down to the balls of his feet to get an idea of center-of-gravity.

Horse Racing

Christopher Crocker