Horse Racing/long reining a horse

long reining a horse
long reining a horse  
hello sir, what are the benefits of long reining a horse?

hi -- by long reining or line driving the horse you are getting the horse use to the bit in his mouth,  you follow behind and as you turn the horse with the reins you teach the horse about the pressure of the bit in his mouth and he learns what you want him to do, by turning left or right and stopping  etc.  thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.