Horse Racing/treatment for bowed tendons

Question
hello sir, lets suppose if any of your horses are suffering from bowed tendons, what treatment would you give? here in india, all of our trainers blister the horse suffering from bowed tendons.

Answer
HI ---- A BOW TENDON NEEDS QUITE A LONG TIME TO HEAL. YOU CAN USE ALL KINDS OF IODINE PAINT AND LEG TIGHTNERS TO KEEP THE TENDON TIGHT SO YOU CAN KEEP THEM TRAINING. BLISTERING IS GOOD IF THE HORSE NEEDS A LONG TIME FOR THE TENDON PROBLEM.  A HIGH BOW IS NOT A GOOD BOW TENDON TO HAVE AS IT WILL ALWAYS BOW LOW IN TIME. CHECK YOUR TRAINERS AND SEE WHAT TYPE OF TREATMENT THEY USE TO KEEP THE HORSE IN TRAINING.. THANKS Ed Hess

Horse Racing

Ed Hess