Horse Racing/fever - one day rest

hello sir, lets suppose a horse is suffering from fever but the trainer scheduled to work that horse out. should he give that day rest and exercise the horse next day or the fever should completely come down, then only to workout the horse?

hi ---- if the horse shows a fever the first thing I would do is get your vet to check the horse out immediately. that way you are sure what to do for the horse.  in any case complete rest is advised for the horse till his fever is completely over. thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.