Horse Racing/fever - one day rest

Question
hello sir, lets suppose a horse is suffering from fever but the trainer scheduled to work that horse out. should he give that day rest and exercise the horse next day or the fever should completely come down, then only to workout the horse?

Answer
hi ---- if the horse shows a fever the first thing I would do is get your vet to check the horse out immediately. that way you are sure what to do for the horse.  in any case complete rest is advised for the horse till his fever is completely over. thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess