Horse Racing/turning out all baby horses

hello sir, should a trainer turn out all his 2 year old horses so that their tendons turn fit whenever they gambol around?

hi-- all young horses need to be turned out to run and play and grow up. I do not believe in racing 2 yr olds as they are not completely grown up at that point. I wait till they grow up till they are 3 yr olds. there is a lot of high purse money for 2 yr olds and that is why the owners rush their  2 yr old to get to the races.  thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.