Horse Racing/horse body weight chart

hello sir. at our local racetrack, every horse's previous body weight and current body weight is displayed on the screen for every race. what is the use of this weight chart in the race card?

This can give the public an idea of the horse's health and also may be compared to past performances and how well they ran at an optimal weight. They do not do this in the U.S., but I think they should. It would be interesting information and another betting angle for the public.

Horse Racing

Christopher Crocker

All questions pertaining to thoroughbred horse racing from a trainer's perspective. All questions about thoroughbred training methods, equine biochemistry and physiology. General questions about strategies and economics of thoroughbred horse racing. I will also be pleased to answer general questions about training and caring for horses of all breeds.

I have been breaking, schooling and training thoroughbred race horses for over 17 years.

High school graduate 1992. Dalfort Aircraft 1994. Licensed thoroughbred horse trainer in the United States and Canada.

Track record with Chedi at Colonial Downs 2011. Multiple Stakes Placed Trainer.