Horse Racing/Kentucky Derby

Question
What are your plays for the Kentucky Derby? Can you give an example of a bet or two you will be placing for the Kentucky Derby? Straight up or exotics I'd like to hear your thoughts on who you will be wagering on and why. Thanks!

Answer
Hi, Bryan!
My betting approach on the Kentucky Derby is to play/ attack the Trifecta's and Superfecta's because there is so much public (uninformed money) in the wagering pools and especially the exotic pools (exacta, trifecta & superfecta).
My handicapping approach on the Kentucky Derby is not so much about saying/ bragging, "I picked the Derby winner", but more about finding a couple of key horses to use in my exotics with an additional group of horses in the race that should finish around my key horses. This way I don't have to be perfect and I can still be correct and cash in on my exotic tickets.
I believe the reason most people are unable to correctly handicap the Kentucky Derby is because they don't understand how to correctly judge 3-year-olds as these types of horses are still developing. I use my own concept of Projections to determine how much a Derby horse may jump up in their form cycle. This is something I've developed over many years.
I won't give you all of my selections, but I will give you my two key horses I will be using (barring heavy rain & etc) which are: #5-Normandy Invasion (12-1) & #16-Orb (7/2).
Now remember, I didn't say these are the two Derby winners I'm saying these are the two horses in the race that look to me to best run into the top exotic spots so I can hit the trifecta and superfecta.
I hope this answers your question and have fun on Derby Day and Good Luck!

Horse Racing

Hal Wafer