Horse Racing/long body good for breeding

hello sir. are horses with long barrel, i mean long body good for breeding?

I would not think this would be a good attribute for a horse to breed unless bred to a short backed horse to possibly average the the length. A long back can lead to problems in the joints and chronic back pain from extra stress. A long back may be overlooked in horse's with wider conformation and superior muscling in the back.  

Horse Racing

Christopher Crocker

All questions pertaining to thoroughbred horse racing from a trainer's perspective. All questions about thoroughbred training methods, equine biochemistry and physiology. General questions about strategies and economics of thoroughbred horse racing. I will also be pleased to answer general questions about training and caring for horses of all breeds.

I have been breaking, schooling and training thoroughbred race horses for over 17 years.

High school graduate 1992. Dalfort Aircraft 1994. Licensed thoroughbred horse trainer in the United States and Canada.

Track record with Chedi at Colonial Downs 2011. Multiple Stakes Placed Trainer.