Horse Racing/judging the horse body condition

Question
hello sir, i am getting totally confused and unable to judge whether my thoroughbred racehorse is in good condition or not. how can i say that my horse is fat or thin? how would i get to know that my horse body weight is absolutely correct according to its height, age and gender?

Answer
hi--- I would not worry about all of that stuff.  just train the horse until you think the horse is ready for a workout.  work the horse then check the horse out as far as his weight, fitness, apatite and attitude. a horse will let you know just when they are ready for a race. thanks  ED HESS  

Horse Racing

Ed Hess