Horse Racing/raising the weight of the horse

hello sir, when would you consider to raise the weight of a thoroughbred racehorse? i mean, when they are performing badly in the race, when they are aging, when they are unable to bear the weight to carry on their back? please answer this question.

hi -- well I think that each horse needs a different diet to get ion shape to race. if they are not performing good doesn't mean you should make then gain weight. a aging horse usually looks kind of poor anyhow. if the horse cannot carry weight on it's back it may be sore and need a vet check.  thanks  ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.