Horse Racing/raising the weight of the horse

Question
hello sir, when would you consider to raise the weight of a thoroughbred racehorse? i mean, when they are performing badly in the race, when they are aging, when they are unable to bear the weight to carry on their back? please answer this question.

Answer
hi -- well I think that each horse needs a different diet to get ion shape to race. if they are not performing good doesn't mean you should make then gain weight. a aging horse usually looks kind of poor anyhow. if the horse cannot carry weight on it's back it may be sore and need a vet check.  thanks  ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess