Horse Racing/leg bandages and tendon boots not allowed in race

hello sir, may i know why LEG BANDAGES and TENDON BOOTS are not allowed in american horse racing? but they are allowed in workouts.

hi    i think because if anything goes wrong while in a race, it could cause injury to the horse or other horses.  in the morning work outs, you can use bandages or polo bandages to protect the horse. in a race we only use the approved types of protective wear.  vet wraps  elastic bandage or seal TEX  bandages.   thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.