Horse Racing/exercise 2 year olds

hello sir. all our local 2 year olds are started from 5 furlongs. from which distance to exercise them in the morning to stay fit enough to win the 5 furlong trip?

hi    i would gallop them 2 1/2 miles a day for 30 days then start working them 3 fur 2 times  then, 4 fur 2 time, then 5 fur 2 times and some of these should be works from the gate. if the race is 5 fur  then you shouls work the horse several times at 5 fur before they race.  thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.