Horse Racing/5 fur lose - 6 fur win

hello sir. if a horse even though prepared well, raced at 5 furlongs but not coming in board, how can it win the 6 furlong trip?

hi  again, it is up to you to get the horse fit to race the distance you are going to race the horse at.  3 and 4 fur works are good if you are running at a short distance. but always prepare the horse up to and including the distance that they are going to race at. i have worked horses 6 fur 2 days before the 6 fur race and then raced them and have done very well in the past by doing that. thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.