Horse Racing/energy booster shot

Question
hello sir, at our local racetracks, horses which are racing next week are given energy booster shots daily from today till day before the race. what about american racing? how many shots you give to your horses?

Answer
hi  we do not give any shots to horses. the racing commision has all kinds of rules om medication especailly the day befre the race ,  so giving medication to race horses is a very ticky thing to do. we would have to check with our vets on all of the medications that was legal to give to the horse period. thanks ed hess

Horse Racing

Ed Hess