Horse Racing/exercise 4 fur race 7 fur

hello sir. a trainer exercised the horse from 4fur. it finished with one second delay. now, the trainer entered in 7 fur race. now my question is, will this horse run well at 7 fur race or 6 fur race?

hi it all depends on each horse. some are sprinters and some are routers. so you wull have to race the horse s few times to see how far it wants to run. i always work the horse the distance he is going to run first , then race him at that distance.  wotk him 6 fur a few days before the race then run him 6 furs. if he is a long dfistance horse then you have to work him at a mile before he runs. it is all just finding out at what distance your horse fits.  thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.