Horse Racing/mesh blinkers

mesh blinkers
mesh blinkers  
hello sir. i believe that racing equipment "mesh blinkers" is for horses that shy getting sun glare. am i right?

Hi Rohit,
         There are several reasons for using mesh blinkers. You are right about sun strike but they can also provide good protection on loose tracks where the mud or clods of earth are flicked up. They are also useful on horses that loose concentration, they tend to concentrate better with blinkers on.

Horse Racing

Don Boddie

All aspects of the thoroughbred breeding and racing industry in New Zealand. I race thoroughbreds and have been the Marketing Manager for three NZ racing clubs. If I don`t know the answer to your question I know someone who does!

20 years in the racing industry. Currently focusing on breeding but involved in all aspects of the industry. Ive raced several thoroughbreds with modest success and have had great fun out of it.