Horse Racing/5-h

Question
hello sir. sorry to say, i didnt understand the female family 5-h regarding thoroughbred bloodlines. in "5-h", i believe that "5" mean 5 generations. but, i didnt understand "h". what is it?

Answer
Hi Rohit:

I don't know how to  put it any simpler - the 5 does not stand for anything by itself and the h does not stand for anything by itself - the "5h" is a female family designation as shown on the table that is at this url http://www.bloodlines.net/TB/Families/FamilyNumbers.htm.  On that page, under English Families, if you click on the "5h", you will see the family that "5h" belongs to as shown on that page and I list it here http://www.bloodlines.net/TB/Families/Family5h.htm.

I hope this helps...

Jim

Horse Racing

Jim Johnson