Horse Racing/books on studying bloodline.

hello sir, can you suggest me few good books on studying the bloodline of thoroughbred racehorses?

Hi Rohit:

Thanks for your question - sorry about the wait but we are travelling in the Southern Caribbean.

In doing some research into your question, I ran across an article by Larry Thornton entitled "Reading A Pedigree".  It is an excellent article about the bloodline of thoroughbred horses and deep into the article it quotes some very good books on the subject. Here is a link to the article,  

Larry wrote his first book on the subject of Pedigree back in 1984 and has published some very fine books and articles on the subject.

I hope this helps you in your search for some good books on the subject and if you fell I have helped you please leave me a favorable rating.

Thanks again for your question and again I apologize for the late reply.

Horse Racing

Jim Johnson

I can answer all questions regarding the sport of gambling on either or both thoroughbreds and greyhounds - beginning with the initial handicapping process with regard to decisions on which horse or dog to wager, through the wagering process, and ending with the results and profits or losses from those wagers. See my website at

I have worked in thoroughbred tracks and greyhound tracks for the last 30 years and have been highly successful in making profits from my own handicapping systems, both in sales of my systems, and use of my systems in the wagering process. I publish and sell a "Tip Sheet" for any track in the continental United States, Canada, and one greyhound track in Mexico.

Mutuel Clerk Guild of Arkanas

"The Perfect Speed Handicapping System" for handicapping thoroughbred races and "Greyhounds - The Ultimate Speed Machine" system for handicapping greyhound races. These are books that I have written and sell on the internet.

Bachelor of Business Administration Degree from East Texas College, in Commerce, Texas.

Multiple "High Five" awards for exceptional customer relations treatment by the Oaklawn Jockey Club.

Publishing a "Tip Sheet" in-track for sale at Oaklawn Jockey Club and "Jim's Big Three Best Bets" (also for sale at Oaklawn Jockey Club) on greyhound simulcast races. Have puplished "Tip Sheets" for greyhound and thoroughbred tracks in Arkanas, Kansas, and West Virginia.