Horse Racing/470kg thoroughbred nutrition

Question
QUESTION: hello sir. a 470kg thoroughbred racehorse needs how many kilograms of oats, bran, sweet feed per day?

ANSWER: HI USUALY FEED MY HORSES ABOUT 12 LBS OF GRAIN A DAY. THAT IS A MIX OF OATS  SWEET FEED ETC. DIVIDED 3 TIME A DAY. THANKS ED HESS

QUESTION: thanks for the answer. among 12lbs of grains a day, how much lbs of oats and sweet feed you feed 1 time before dividing into 3 times a day?

Answer
HI i do not use bran in the daily feed unless they run a hard race, and then it is used as a bran mash. i would feed 4 quarts of oats and 4 quarts of sweet feed in the evening meal. i would feed 2 quarts of oats in the am and 2 quarts of oatss after there morning work. so 3 time a day. 2 qts  am   2 qts after the morning work and 8 qts for a evening meal. thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess