Horse Racing/importance of bedding

hello sir. here in INDIA we use wheat straw as bedding for horses. should the bedding be available 24 X 7 to the horse? i mean, should bedding be available all the time for horses?

hi-- yes,  we alwyas bed a horse down on some sort of bedding , weather it be straw  hay  wood shavings  peat moss  peanut shells etc.  you always have to have a nice clean stall for the horse to stay in , afterall they stay in the stall most of the time. thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.