Horse Racing/not stretching hind end

Question
QUESTION: hello sir. i believe that if a horse is not stretching its hind end, it is not willing to run on its own. am i correct?

ANSWER: HI    WHEN GALLOPING THE HORSE WATCH FOR HOW THE HORSE GOES. IF SHORT AND CHOPPY, THEN HE IS MOST LIKELY SORE AND DOES NOT WANT TO STRETCH OUT BECAUSE OF THAT.  THANKS ED HESS

QUESTION: sir, standing on the ground, how can i get to know that a horse is not stretching its hind end?

Answer
HI YOU CAN LOOK TO SEE WHERE HIS FEET LAnd as you walk him around. you can see if he is short in his stance if the back foot does step in the front shoe print. if the hind foot land behind the front shoe print, then he is not stretching out.  thanks  ED HESS  

Horse Racing

Ed Hess