Horse Racing/over feeding oats in the morning and evening

Question
QUESTION: hello sir. here at our local racetrack, trainers feeds horses tiwce a day. there's a trainer here who feeds 3kgs of oats in the morning 9AM and 4.5kgs of oats in the evening 6PM. dont you feel that he's over feeding? does those horses get struck bu colic?

ANSWER: HI  WHEN YOU FEED 3 TIMES A DAY YOU SPREAD OUT THE FEED GOING INTO THE STOMACH WHICH WILL KEEP THE HORSE IN GOOD HEALTH.  OVER FEEDING WILL CAUSE COLIC. THANKS ed hess

QUESTION: thanks for the answer. sir, tell me in brief. how many kgs of oats to feed in the morning at 9AM and how much in the evening at 6PM as the local racetrack passed a rule to feed horses twice a day with respective timings. please tell me clearly.

Answer
HI   I NEVER HEARD OF A FEEDING TIME. YOU FEED THE HORSE WHEN YOU THINK THE TIME IS RIGHT. I FEED 2 QUARTS OF OATS AT 6 AM   2 QUARTS OF OATS AT 10 AFTER TRAINING AND THEN FEED THE EVENING MEAL AT 5 PM  PM UNLESS THE HORSE HAS RACED , THEN ONLY AFTER THE HORSE IS COLLED OUT COMPLETELY. THEN I FEED 6 QUART OF FEED 4 OATS AND 2 SWEETFEED. THANKS  ed hess

Horse Racing

Ed Hess