Horse Racing/rice hulls for horse bedding

hello sir. may i know why dont you lay rice hulls as a bedding for your horses? my friend, a jockey told me that horses would get boils through rice hulls. is he correct?

hi   we do not usew rice hulls for bedding here in the states. so i do not know how it could affect the horses condition. we use  -- straw--  wood shavings -- peat moss--  peanut shells and i do see any problems with these bedding matrials.  thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.