Horse Racing/swollen leg

swollen leg
swollen leg  
hello sir. may i know why did this horse leg got swollen? how to fix this problem?

hi looks like this horse has a bad knee problem. could come from many reasons. hit the knee on the stall door,  maybe got injured in a training or racing problem. you need to hose the knee with water from a hose (cold) water is best. then put a sweat or poltice on the knee for 24 to 48 hrs  then wash off and hose leg again till you see it is going down.  thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.