Horse Racing/bucking when whipped on haunches

hello sir, today i trotted a mare. whenever i smack her with the whip on her haunches, she bucks but doesnt move a bit faster. may i know what is her problem? how to make her trot fast?

hi   using the whip should only be used when the horse refuses to do someting. if you use the whip for any other reason, then the horse may balk on you as the mare you were trotting. just use your heels and hands to make the horse respond to your command. thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.