Horse Racing/fast walker - good runner

hello sir. my friend a groom at our local racetrack told me that while he was hand walking a horse, he told me that it would going to be a good performer at races. when i asked him the reason, he told me that it walks fast while hand walking. is my friend correct?

hi  no, i do not think that a fast walker will be a good runner. that is just something a horse will do and some are very slow walkers and are very good runners. every horse is different and have odd things they do, but you will find out when they run how good they are.  thanks ED HESS  

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.