Horse Racing/why keeping tail straight

Question
QUESTION: hello sir. i dont understand one thing. why do horses keep their tail straight when they are running on their own either in the race or workouts? what makes them keep their tail straight?

ANSWER: HI   I THINK IT IS FOR BALANCE ALSO. WHEN RUNNING IN A RACE FULL OUT THEY KEEP THE TAIL OUT STRAIGHT AND YOU KNOW THEY ARE TRYING THEIR BEST. THANKS ed hess

QUESTION: sir, what do you mean by balance? does the horse keep its tail straight for balancing its body running in the race or workouts?

Answer
hi  yes all animals have balance. a cat uses it's tail for balance and i am sure many more animals use some sort of balance. if you watch a horse gallop you will see how they hold their tail. when racing or working out they hold them in a different position.  straight tail should mean that they are trying their best to run.  thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess