Horse Racing/pefectly conditioning a poor quarter horse

poor quarters
poor quarters  
QUESTION: hello sir. as you told me that few horses are born with poor quarters. how much ever we feed and exercise them, their quarters remains same. no fat covering the bones. now, how can i judge that my horse is perfectly conditioned by feeding and training them well even though they have poor quarters?

ANSWER: hi  a good diet of grain and hay in different amounts will help build up the horse in all ways. a vet check for worms and any other health problems should always be done every 6 months to ensure the horses health. thanks ED HESS

QUESTION: thanks for the answer. sir, but you told me that this horse is born with poor quarters.

hi    no horse is usually born in poor condition. they get that way from lack of feeding and then they look very poor in form. as they get older, they will have a tendecy to loose weight and loose their body form to old age. they get a hay belly and loose that body tone and look as if they are in poor condition. you must have their teeth taken care of every 6 months and have them wormed on a reg pattern to keep them in very good condition.  thanks ED HESS  

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.