Horse Racing/Zabeel

Was Zabeel ever sold or leased before he went to stud

Hi Michael,
         Zabeel was bred and owned by Sir Patrick Hogan at Cambridge Stud. He was foaled in 1986 and raced 19 times in Australia before retiring to stud in NZ in 1991. He won A$1,138,400. Although Sir Patrick retained a major interest in him I expect he was syndicated when he went to stud although I don't know the make up of the syndicate. It is quite normal for other studs and big breeders to take shares in stallions going to stud and it puts some cash in the current owners pocket.
For further information ring Cambridge Stud or just ring John Wheeler (755 0365) in NP, he will know whatever you need.
Don Boddie

Horse Racing

Don Boddie

All aspects of the thoroughbred breeding and racing industry in New Zealand. I race thoroughbreds and have been the Marketing Manager for three NZ racing clubs. If I don`t know the answer to your question I know someone who does!

20 years in the racing industry. Currently focusing on breeding but involved in all aspects of the industry. Ive raced several thoroughbreds with modest success and have had great fun out of it.