Horse Racing/mechanical walkers for 2 year old horses

hello sir. our local racetrack recently ordered for two mechanical walkers and the two year olds trot for 15minutes and the machine starts working. i really dont understand the purpose of mechanical walkers. can two year olds get benefited without this machine?

hi   the walking machines were made to save money. you don't have to pay a hot walker to walk the horse ,you just put the horse on a walker. these machines have been used in the states for many years now and some people love them as you can put a horse on and let them walk for a hour or so. i still think that a 2 year old should be handles by a person not a machine.  thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.