Horse Racing/capability of cantering from what distance

Question
hello sir. if a baby racehorse is well fed, well ground trained and sound with both knees closed, from how much distance it has capability of cantering?

Answer
HI YOU MUST BE TALKING ABOUT TRAINING A 2 YEAR OLD. YOU ALWAYS START OUT BY TRAINING A 2 YEAR OLD VERY SLOWLY TAKING YOUR TIME TO GET THEM LEGED UP WHILE TRAINING. I WOULD SAY A GREEN 2 YEAR OLD WOULD HAVE TO HAVE AT LEAST 6 MONTHS OF TRAINING BEFORE YOU WOULD RACE THEM. USUALLY TYOU START GALLOPING A BABY ABOUT 1 1/2 MILES A DAY. FOR MANY MONTHS TILL YOU THINK THEY ARE READY TO EVEN BREEZE THE FIRSTR TIME. THANKS ed hess

Horse Racing

Ed Hess