Horse Racing/beach horse training benefits

Question
hello sir. may i know the benefits of beach training a racehorse? i have seen few NZ trainers exercising their horses on the beach.

Answer
Hi Caine,
         Beach training is very popular in NZ. The sand is much softer under foot so horses prone to jarring up find it much easier to train on. Cantering a horse in water is low impact on tendons and joints and the horse love the novelty of it as well.
Sea water cleans cuts and massages muscles beter than any manual massage can do.
Its a very healthy way to exercise a horse. Riders like it in the summer but they dont much like it in the winter!
Cheers,
Don  

Horse Racing

Don Boddie