Horse Racing/beach horse training benefits

hello sir. may i know the benefits of beach training a racehorse? i have seen few NZ trainers exercising their horses on the beach.

Hi Caine,
         Beach training is very popular in NZ. The sand is much softer under foot so horses prone to jarring up find it much easier to train on. Cantering a horse in water is low impact on tendons and joints and the horse love the novelty of it as well.
Sea water cleans cuts and massages muscles beter than any manual massage can do.
Its a very healthy way to exercise a horse. Riders like it in the summer but they dont much like it in the winter!

Horse Racing

Don Boddie

All aspects of the thoroughbred breeding and racing industry in New Zealand. I race thoroughbreds and have been the Marketing Manager for three NZ racing clubs. If I don`t know the answer to your question I know someone who does!

20 years in the racing industry. Currently focusing on breeding but involved in all aspects of the industry. Ive raced several thoroughbreds with modest success and have had great fun out of it.