Horse Racing/horse didnt switch its lead when asked by jockey

Question
hello sir. please watch this race video taken at our local racetrack. my dads horse ATLAS STAR a 4 year old chestnut gelding won this race. i believe that the horse didnt respond to the jockey running through homestretch with outer lead. even though the jockey was asking the horse to switch its leg to inner leg. horse didnt. may i know why didnt he respond to the jockey. is it training issue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJTnrNr_bbk&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

Answer
HI USUALLY WHEN A HORSE DOES NOT CHANGE LEADS THERE IS A PROBLEM AND THE HORSE DOES NOT WANT TO SWITCH BECAUSE THERE IS A PROBLEM THAT MAY MEAN THE HORSE IS SORE ON THE OPP LEAD AND WILL STAY ON THE WRONG LEAD TO KEEP COMFORTABLE, SO THEY STAY ON THAT LEAD . how did the horse come out of the race. was the horse sore anywhere the next day or so, if so then check out the horse with your vet and you may find out the horse is sore somewhere.   THANKS ed hess

Horse Racing

Ed Hess